2016 Education Abroad Expo Scholarships
Win one of three $1000 Study Abroad Scholarships!
To register for the drawing, simply stop by the Education Abroad table to complete and submit an entry card!
Rules and Regulations
Students must enter the scholarship drawing at the Education Abroad table during the Expo – Thursday, September 15, 2016 from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. – by completing and submitting an entry card. The three $1,000 Education Abroad scholarships will be awarded following the Expo. Three winners will be chosen at random at 2:30 P.M. on the day of the Expo. Students do not need to be present during the drawing to be eligible to win. Winners will be notified through their university email address within 24 hours of the Expo. The names of the winners will also be posted on the Education Abroad website and Facebook page.
The winners MUST acknowledge that they have won and have accepted their scholarship within two weeks of receipt of the initial notification email.
One alternate raffle card will also be drawn; the alternate will be notified through university email ONLY if one of the initial scholarship winners is unable to accept his/her scholarship.
The $1,000 Education Abroad Expo Scholarship will be posted to the student’s Bursar account during the semester of the study abroad program in which they will be participating. If the study abroad program that the student wishes to participate in is canceled, the student may use the scholarship toward another program occurring within the designated time period (see below); otherwise, the scholarship is forfeited. The scholarship recipient must participate in the study abroad program; otherwise, the $1,000 scholarship will be revoked. If the student is dismissed from the study abroad program, the $1,000 scholarship will be revoked.
In order to be eligible for one of the three $1,000 study abroad scholarships, students must:
- Be enrolled as a degree-seeking Kent State University at the time of the drawing and at the time of the study abroad program that the scholarship will be used
- Be present at the Expo and fill out their own scholarship raffle entry card; students may not have someone else fill out the entry card on their behalf; only one entry card per person
- Meet all of the eligibility requirements of the study abroad program in which they wish to participate
- Use the $1,000 Education Abroad Expo Scholarship toward a Kent State University study abroad program in which they will be paying Kent State tuition* within the calendar year (Spring 2017, Summer 2017, or Fall 2017); the recipient will forfeit the scholarship if it is not used within the designated time period.
* Kent State Florence Semester and Summer Institute programs, Kent State Exchange programs, Kent State Faculty-led Study Abroad programs, Kent State Geneva, ISEP programs.