High Quality & Affordable Education
Among other universities, Kent State is classified as an institution with high research activity.
- More than 1,500 full- and part-time faculty have degrees from more than 150 national and international institutions.
- 70% of faculty attained the highest degree in their field.
- Faculty range from Fulbright scholars to internationally recognized leaders in their field.
Major institutes such as the world-renowned Liquid Crystal Institute have contributed to the university’s reputation in the United States and abroad.
- Kent State is ranked 5th among all U.S. and Canadian universities in the number of patents issued per million dollars in research expenditures, according to the Milken Institute.
- Recent research includes the discovery of “Ardi” by Kent State University professor of anthropology Dr. C. Owen Lovejoy and his colleagues, which was named the Breakthrough of the Year by Science and its publisher, AAAS, the world’s largest science society.
- Ten Kent State University researchers were also part of an international team of scientists who discovered the most massive anti-nucleus discovered to date.
- Kent State University boasts more than 190 active U.S. patents for faculty research.
Kent State University is recognized by prestigious organizations, including:
- American Physical Society
- Institute for Financial Markets
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Science Foundation Science Watch
Kent State University offers an affordable education for international students. Please review Tuition for current tuition costs for international students.
International student scholarship is available to international students. Many graduate programs offer fellowships and graduate assistantships for international graduate students to help defray costs.