Incoming Exchange Students
Kent State University looks forward to having you here! This page will help walk you through the application process. For questions about applying as an exchange student, please contact email@example.com.
Steps to apply:
- Your home university coordinator must first nominate you by sending an email to the Education Abroad Office, firstname.lastname@example.org. The nomination must include: name, email, major, and term.
- Apply online and follow the steps in the Exchange Fact Sheet. The sooner you apply, the better. When filling out the online application make sure to choose the correct degree level (undergraduate or graduate) and click Student from Exchange Partner under Degree Type.
- Non-native English speakers must send recent official TOEFL or IELTS Score Sheet. Scores must be sent to Kent State directly from ETS. Our institution code is 1367.
- Send the six requested documents via email to email@example.com.
The seven requested items are:
- Most recent university transcript (with a certificated English translation, if applicable)
- Financial Worksheet for Exchange Students
- Financial Guarantee/Bank Statements showing a minimum of the equivalent of the following amounts, depending on term. Statements must be in English or include a certified English translation.
- Fall Semester: $10,000 USD
- Academic Year: $20,438 USD
- Spring Semester: $10,000 USD
- Exchange Permission Form
- Copy of passport. Your passport must not expire for at least 6 months after the last date that you will be at Kent State.
- City and country of birth (if not on your passport)
After acceptance, check out the new incoming student guide.
Kent State University has a new policy requiring all international students to enroll in the insurance provided by Kent State University. Students will be automatically enrolled and charged for this insurance. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Kent State University guarantees on-campus housing to ALL exchange students. Residence Hall placements are in standard shared double rooms, but you may apply for a single room if available.