International Freshman Scholarship
The International Freshman Scholarship program is available to any non-immigrant to the United States who is an incoming New Freshman student to Kent State University. This merit-based scholarship may vary in the amount awarded to the student.
ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS & ELIGIBILITY
- New freshman only (transfers are not eligible); Fall admission only
- Minimum cumulative Secondary school GPA 3.6 on US 4.0 scale
- 27 ACT Composite, 1260 new SAT or 1210 old SAT Critical Reading & Math
- Unconditional Admission to Kent State University as a freshman
- Students will be automatically considered for the scholarship if they apply by the deadline.
- Students who meet the criteria will be invited to apply to the Honors College on a rolling basis after admission.
- Students must have been admitted to Kent State University by February 1st.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified of their award in April.
A renewable award will be distributed to qualifying individuals, maximum of $20,000 per year (awards are distributed in April).