International Graduate Application Guide
International Graduate Application Process
1. Submit an online application and nonrefundable application
fee of $70
Graduate Program Application Online Degree & Certificate Podiatric Medicine Application
2. Prepare application documents to upload as you apply
- Passport Biographical Page
- English Language Proficiency official results report for IELTS, PTE or MELAB. TOEFL score should be submitted officially through ETS (Institution Code 1367)
- College transcript/detailed marksheets (Certified English translation and original language)
- College Graduation Certificate/Diploma if already issued (Certified English translation and original language)
- GRE/GMAT or other standardized tests if required (submit official test report through test center)
- Graduate assistantship application (if applicable)
- Assistantship application
- Graduate assistantship applicants may need to meet earlier deadlines. Please check with department for deadlines.
- Additional documents if required *review requirements from individual department or school
- Financial guarantee (bank statements) that show sufficient funds to cover educational expenses.*
- Kent State University Financial Information Worksheet*
*Financial documents are only required after acceptance.
3. Upload all required documents to the online application system
- For faster processing, all the documents should be uploaded in the online application system to complete the application
4. Check Status
Please remember that it is your responsibility to check your application status to ensure that we have received all documents. As a reminder, you are able to monitor the status of your application online. You should allow three weeks for the status of your application to be updated, and please note that items sent to Kent State become the property of the university and will not be returned.
5. Apply for your Immigration Document (I20)
Now that you are admitted, you will need an immigration document in order to obtain your student visa, please check the immigration document page for additional information
6. Transfer your SEVIS record (if applicable)
If you are an F-1 student transferring from a school in the United States, please review the SEVIS Transfer In Guide regarding your SEVIS record transfer. F-1 students must transfer their SEVIS record in order to maintain their F-1 status.
7. Provide final and official documents after arrival
For admissions purposes, we accept scanned documents of international credentials and scanned copies of official U.S. transcripts. When an applicant is admitted, his/her final and official transcripts and diploma should be brought to the International Admissions Office for verification. This should be done within the first semester (or the first module for ESL students). Otherwise, the student's account will be put on HOLD.