International Students Scholarships Resources
Scholarships are free aid that can help you pay for your degree, especially if you have a strong academic background.
If you’re interested in pursuing international student scholarships offered at Kent State, our Office of Global Education is here to help. Apply to KSU and find the financial aid you need.
As an international student, you’re qualified for many of the Kent State scholarships:
- Global Scholarship - Automatic consideration
Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Advisor or the Financial Aid Office to discuss your personal financial situation.
Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Resources from Kent State
Kent State offers other scholarship opportunities, however please read the eligibility criteria carefully as some are for U.S. citizens only.
Our Scholarship Search Checklist for International Students offers a comprehensive list by college and campus, and provides tips to help increase your chances of receiving aid.
There are also special scholarships for international students attending college in the United States. Explore a few of these resources below:
- EducationUSA offers a multitude of programs for international students, including funding support.
- The International Education Financial Aid website allows you to search for scholarships based on what you’re studying, where you’re studying, and where you’re from. Fill in your intended major and home country, with Ohio as your place of study, to find scholarships that can go toward your Kent State degree.
- Your home country’s government likely offers scholarships for students attending college abroad. Be sure to visit your government’s website or contact a government office for information on how to apply for the available aid.
- The Organization of American States (OAS) lists Scholarships for Latin American and Caribbean students on their website.
- Women pursuing higher education can apply for scholarships for the American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Students who are seeking an undergraduate degree in one of the following categories: science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business/entrepreneurship might be eligible for Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program.
- Computer Science major students can apply for computer science scholarships through a compelled list from ComputerScience.org