Life in Florence
Kent State Florence is a comprehensive academic and cultural program. In addition to completing a full course load, students have many opportunities to get acquainted with Florence and Italy. Below are examples of several activities that introduce students to Italian life and culture. All activities are open for all students to sign up for.
- A Night at the Opera: Enjoy a celebrated opera by one of the great Italian composers performed in beautiful St. Mark’s Church.
- Kent State Cinema: Great Italian films shown with English subtitles, including classics like Fellini’s 8 1/2 and Rossellini’s Open CIty.
- River Rafting: Admire the architectural beauty of Florence from a new perspective: a relaxing rafting trip down the Arno.
- Volunteer: Through Caritas Diocesana Firenze, you can befriend neighborhood nonni, and keep Florence clean with Angeli del Bello.
- Soccer Match: Join 40,000 Italians in going wild over their national sport as you wear purple and cheer on the Fiorentina.
- Italian Cooking Class: Prepare classic Italian dishes under the guidance of trained chefs, and then enjoy every delicious bite!
- Ferragamo & Gucci Museums: Florence and fashion are inseparable. Bask in the work of two geniuses of 20th-century Italian style.