Life in Florence
Kent State Florence is a comprehensive academic and cultural program. In addition to completing a full course load, students have many opportunities to get acquainted with Florence and Italy. Below are examples of several activities that introduce students to Italian life and culture. Each semester a handful of activities like these will be available for all students to sign up for.
- A Night at the Opera: Enjoy a celebrated opera by one of the great Italian composers performed in beautiful St. Mark’s Church.
- Kent State Cinema: Great Italian films shown with English subtitles, including classics like Fellini’s 8 1/2 and Rossellini’s Open City.
- River Rafting: Admire the architectural beauty of Florence from a new perspective: a relaxing rafting trip down the Arno.
- Volunteer: Through Caritas Diocesana Firenze, you can befriend neighborhood nonni, and keep Florence clean with Angeli del Bello.
- Soccer Match: Join 40,000 Italians in going wild over their national sport as you wear purple and cheer on the Fiorentina.
- Italian Cooking Class: Prepare classic Italian dishes under the guidance of trained chefs, and then enjoy every delicious bite!
- Ferragamo & Gucci Museums: Florence and fashion are inseparable. Bask in the work of two geniuses of 20th-century Italian style.