Newly Admitted International Students
Congratulations on your admission to KSU! As you prepare for your visa interview and arrival to Kent State, we want to take you step-by-step through the process. Students who intend to study virtually for the start of their program can learn more about resources available by reviewing our Virtual Study Resources page.
Welcome to the university community. Let's get started with your next steps:
- Apply for Your Immigration Document (I-20 or DS-2019)
- Log into Your FlashLine Account
- Apply for Your Visa
- International Student Orientation (ISO) Information
- Register for One of the Following
Destination Kent State (DKS) - All new undergraduate international students MUST register for DKS
Graduate Student Orientation (GSO) - All new graduate international students MUST register for GSO
English as a Second Language Orientation (ESL Orientation) - Notify the ESL Department you plan to apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the Immunization Requirements
- Prepare to Travel to KSU
- Read the Additional Information
If you only intend to study remotely temporarily or you are interested in deferring your admission, please notify us of your plans by submitting the Deferral Request Form. This form will let International Admissions and the team that creates your I-20 know that changes need to be made. If you already have an I-20, then you will need an updated immigration document. This form will help us to take the necessary steps to provide that document to you. The deadline to complete this form for Fall 2021 is to be determined.
HAVE QUESTIONS THAT AREN’T ADDRESSED ABOVE? CONTACT US!
In-person advising is currently suspended until further notice. Please use virtual options to contact us. Read through the options below carefully to determine the department you need to contact.
- Questions regarding how to receive your Form I-20 (F visa): Contact the I-20 team at email@example.com or call +1 (330) 672-7980.
- Questions regarding your admission or academic program: Contact International Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (330) 672-7970. To schedule a phone appointment or call us during phone advising, please refer to our Contact Us webpage.
- Questions regarding arrival information, immigration, etc.: Contact International Student and Scholar Services at email@example.com. To schedule a phone appointment or call us during phone advising, please refer to our Office and Advising Hours webpage.