Office of Global Education Emergency Grant
Kent State University has established a special financial assistance program administered through the Office of Global Education for international students who experience unexpected expenses due to unforeseen and/or catastrophic events subsequent to their entry to the University. To be considered for the Emergency Grant, students must meet the qualifications below and meet with an ISSS advisor. Any funding awarded will be allocated to tuition, fees, University housing, the Health Center, FlashCard Office, and/or the University Bookstore. No awards will be disbursed directly to the student.
- F-1 or J-1 student must be “in status” in accordance with the regulations of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services governing international students.
- Financial need must be a result of unforeseen and/or catastrophic circumstances that may cause a student to fall out of status after enrollment at Kent State University.
- Academic standing as follows: undergraduates must have a 2.50 cumulative GPA and graduate students must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA as well as being in good standing with the department and University.
- A student must be registered for a “full-time” course load.
- Documentation must demonstrate evidence of need.