Optional Practical Training (OPT) Request
You must prepare the following documents before completing the form below:
- A copy of your passport biographical page
- A copy of your most recent U.S. visa
- An original check or money order, made out to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" for $410 Note: DO NOT sign the back of your check/money order
- A copy of your I-94 number printout, found here
- Two recent 2" x 2" passport-style photos, taken within the last 30 days, with I-94 number written in pencil on the back
- The completed Form I-765, found here
- A copy of any previous EAD cards, if applicable
Note: You must combine the above documents into one PDF before submitting them. Use a free website like PDFMerge.
- Read our OPT guide
- For help completing the I-765, review the OPT application tutorial.
- Register for an OPT workshop
Picking Up Your New I-20
After you send the required documents to us, an ISSS advisor will review them. Please allow 3-5 days for processing. When your new I-20 is ready, you will receive an email, and you may pick it up from the reception desk in 106 Van Campen.