The cost for your participation in the Florence Semester will include the following items.
|Program Fee||$2,600||Includes (among other items): administrative costs at Kent and Florence, class materials, Internet access fees, printer fees and student services|
|Round Trip Airfare||$1,650 (estimate)||Only applicable for students participating in the group flight. Independent travelers will pay for their flight on their own.|
|International Health Insurance||$235|
|KSU Tuition 2020-2021||KSU Tuition||Tuition rates will vary based on your tuition-guarantee cohort rate. Please visit the Kent State Bursar's Office for the most up-to-date tuition rates for students who are not in a tuition guarantee and tuition rates for the tuition guarantee cohorts.|
|Housing||$3,200 (estimate)||Housing information|
|Field Trips||$550-$2,500 (estimate)||Includes lodging and transportation. Actual costs depend upon the specific academic cohort in which you are enrolled in Florence.|
|Total Payable to KSU Bursar||
$8,235-$10,185 + KSU Tuition
Here are a few things to keep in mind while you look over the program costs.
- These costs do not include food, textbooks, travel to group flight departure points, and other incidentals.
- These estimates are not guaranteed for future semesters.
- Most Kent State University scholarships will apply to study abroad costs and federal financial aid will apply. Non-KSU students, contact your university's financial aid office for information.
- Please remember to apply early if you are planning to use financial aid or loans.
- You will be billed by the Kent State University Bursar for the items listed above (excluding airfare if you fly independently). A three-payment plan is available.
- When budgeting, take into account what optional independent travel around Europe you might want to do.