Available exclusively for Kent State fashion merchandising majors and minors! Spend from March to July in Southwestern Germany studying at Reutlingen University's School of Fashion. About a quarter of the university's 5,500 students are international and many reside in the campus' fully furnished residence hall rooms.
In the foothills of the Swabian Alps along the Echaz River, Reutlingen has been a city since the early 13 century. Students can enjoy nature hikes or tours of Medieval castles and churches. Reutlingen is home to many museums, art galleries, and the narrowest street in the world! Students will enjoy the ancient architecture along with pubs, beer gardens and restaurants. The campus area features a sports park and is close in proximity to the city center.
This program is available to students in the School of Fashion and is best suited for fashion merchandising majors. Courses are taught fully in English.
Living in Reutlingen
Students are encouraged to stay in the university's residence halls where they offer single and double rooms. Shared bathrooms and kitchen are features of the residence hall. Off-campus housing is available, too, but students must arrange accommodations independently should they choose this option.
|TERM||APPLICATION DEADLINE||PROGRAM START DATE||PROGRAM END DATE|
|Spring||Early October||Early March||Late July|
- Full-time, degree-seeking student at Kent State
- Fashion Merchandising major with nomination by School of Fashion
- Minimum cumulative GPA: 2.5 or higher
Education Abroad Advisor
- Learn more about this program through the Reutlingen University Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Visit the Reutlingen University website to explore the campus, academics, and student life offerings
- Visit the German Missions in the United States website for more information on the visa application process
- U.S. Department of State - International Travel Country Information for Germany website
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Germany Traveler View website