SEVIS Transfer Eligibility

An F-1 student may transfer to Kent State University of all of the following conditions are met:

  • You are in valid F-1 student status at another SEVIS-approved institution. This means you attended any of the following as an F-1 student: high school, University, College, or Language Training program.
  • You have been accepted into an academic program at Kent State University.
  • You can provide financial documentation that covers 1 year of expenses at Kent State University. Current Tuition Rates can be found here.

NOTE: If your SEVIS record is out of status, you must apply for reinstatement or depart the U.S. and re-enter on a new initial I-20 issued by Kent State University. If you need assistance with this process, please email and clearly identify that you need more information on transferring from one school in the U.S. to Kent State University, but that you are out of status.