Virtual Language Partner Program
The Virtual Language Partner Program is a free non-credit opportunity for Kent State students to meet students from partner universities around the world! Students will be paired in small groups based on similar language interests to have discussions about their cultures to practice speaking in their selected languages.
General Program Guidelines
- The Virtual Language Partner Program is a free, non-credit program that should be completed during students' free time. This program is not associated with any coursework.
- Students who are interested in participating in the Virtual Language Partner Program should complete the appropriate registration form below no later than Wednesday, March 10, 2021.
- All Virtual Language Partner Program participants should be able to have at least basic conversations in their chosen secondary language, as this program is not intended for one student to teach another student a new language entirely. Students with limited or no prior knowledge of a secondary language should first enroll in a language course or use language-learning software, such as Duolingo. If you would like to practice more than one secondary language, please complete one registration form for each secondary language.
- Partner pairs or small groups will be assigned by Friday, March 12, 2021. It will be the responsibility of each group to decide how (Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, etc.) and when (keep in mind time differences) they will meet. All participants should plan to meet with their group at least once per week for the four weeks of the program.
- When your partner pairs or small groups are assigned, you will be provided with a list of potential discussion topics, but please feel free to choose your own topics or let the conversation flow naturally!
- All partner pairs or small groups should behave responsibly and with sensitivity to learning about other cultures. Please be respectful of meeting times and allow sufficient time to practice both languages. There is a ZERO tolerance policy for any harassing or offensive behavior.
For more information, please contact:
Education Abroad Advisor