Waive English Language Requirement
All international applicants whose education has been primarily outside the United States of America must provide objective evidence of proficiency in the English language. However, the following exceptions apply:
1. Applicants primarily educated in the following countries/territories:
|Antigua & Barbuda||Isle of Man|
|British Virgin Islands||New Zealand|
|Canada (except Quebec)||Nigeria|
|Cayman Islands||St. Kitts & Nevis|
|Falkland Islands||St. Vincent & the Grenadines|
|Ghana||Trinidad & Tobago|
|Gibraltar||Turks & Caicos Islands|
|Guernsey||United States Territories|
2. Applicants who have recently completed three years of full-time study at a secondary institution in the U.S. may be exempted from this requirement after supporting academic records have been reviewed by the Admissions Office.
3. Applicants who have recently completed two years of full-time study at a post-secondary institution in the U.S. or completed a Master's degree in the U.S. may be exempted from this requirement after supporting academic records have been reviewed by the International Admissions Office.
4. Applicants who have completed three years of full-time study at a U.S. accredited high school overseas and have received (or will receive) the U.S. high school diploma.
5. International Baccalaureate (IB) applicants to Kent State may satisfy this requirement by attaining a minimum score of 5 in the Diploma Programme higher level or a minimum score of 6 in the standard level English language examinations. Or, applicants who have completed the ELS level 112 will be considered as met the English language requirement for undergraduate applications.
Any request for a waiver of the English language proficiency requirement must be submitted in writing to the Admissions Office with any supporting documentation.
Kent State University reserves the right to require evidence of English language proficiency for all applicants, the adequacy of which shall be at the sole discretion of Kent State University.