Kent State University is joining the widespread #YouAreWelcomeHere social media campaign to encourage international students to study in the United States, and participating in the international scholarship program for incoming international students for Fall Semester.
This new scholarship program will provide financial support for incoming international students who are committed to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message through the intercultural exchange that bridges divide at their future campuses and beyond. Two annual, renewable scholarships that cover a minimum of 50% tuition to selected international undergraduates dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message by bridging intercultural divides.
ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS & ELIGIBILITY
- Student qualifies as an incoming UNDERGRADUATE international freshman & graduation from or attendance at a secondary school outside the U.S
- Student intends to pursue an undergraduate degree
- Having a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on US 4.0 scale
- Unconditional Admission to Kent State University as a freshman
- Demonstrated interest and initiative in promoting intercultural learning and exchange
- Graduate, exchange, visiting, ESL or current students are not eligible for this scholarship
- Completion of a scholarship application and a 500-1000 word essay or a two-to-five minute video telling us about your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at Kent State University.
DEADLINE (FALL ONLY)
- Application deadline Fall semester- December 15th prior to fall semester start
- A renewable award ranges from $8000 - $9000 per year will be distributed to the awardee