GSO Team Application
Teaching Fellowship Application Information
The GSO program seeks to employ high-achieving graduate students with leadership abilities from a wide range of academic disciplines and personal backgrounds to assist with the planning and implementation of GSO. Though not required, preference is given to applicants with teaching experience. Responsibilities include facilitating breakout sessions and working on committees to plan specific aspects of the GSO program including campus tours, the resource fair, graduate student health and wellbeing, and more.
GSO Teaching Fellows (also known as GSO Leaders) are expected to serve as positive role models for graduate students. GSO team members will receive a stipend of $1,600 for their work. This position is for Summer 2019 only. The appointment may be renewable for one more summer pending available funds and that the student is in good standing in their role as a GSO Teaching Fellow and in good standing with their department.
New graduate student GSO will be held on Thursday, August 15.
New teaching assistant GSO will be held on Friday, August 16.
Weekly GSO planning meetings will occur on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12-4pm from July 16 - August 14. Attendance at the meetings is mandatory.
The deadline for application submission is Wednesday, June 19 at 11:59pm. No late applications will be accepted.
- GSO Teaching Fellows must be enrolled in graduate classes or credit hours for Summer or Fall 2019.
- Students who are on a faculty appointment for Summer II or III, or who plan to work an hourly position on campus during the Summer III appointment are not eligible to participate.
- Students who hold a GA position during Summer II or III may be able to apply to request for additional employment to be eligible to be a GSO teaching fellow; however, hours can’t exceed 20 hours in the other GA appointment.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants must be in good standing with academic department and making satisfactory progress toward their degree.
- Completed GSO teaching fellow application form
- A current resume or CV
- Completed GSO teaching fellow questionnaire (DOCX)
- Letter of recommendation from your advisor or chair of your department attesting to you being in good academic standing and making satisfactory progress toward your degree.
Application Submission Instructions:
- Fill out the questions on the GSO Teaching Fellow application form.
- Upload resume or CV and completed questionnaire to the form. Your application must be submitted by Wednesday, June 19 at 11:59pm.
- Letter of recommendation from your advisor or chair of your department attesting to you being in good academic standing and making satisfactory progress toward your degree. Your letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on Wednesday, June 19.
Please contact Kyle Reynolds with questions about the GSO Teaching Fellowship at 330-672-1466 or email@example.com.