Section 2.5: Transient Students


Students pursuing a degree at another institution may apply as transient students at KSU.  Such students must be in good standing.  Graduate students may obtain a Graduate Transient Certification of Good Standing form on the Division of Graduate Studies website. Transient status is for one semester only.  Students wishing to attend more than one semester must reapply.  Returning transient students must be in good academic standing at KSU.  A non-refundable transient student fee will be assessed for each transient admission.  An ID card may be obtained through the FLASHcard Office in the Kent Student Center.


Students who are in good standing in a graduate degree program at a university abroad may be admitted as transient students at KSU to take coursework that may apply to their degree program.

Steps for approval:

  • Complete the International Transient Certification of Good Standing form, which will be processed through the Office of Global Education.
  • Submit a request letter from the advisor at the home institution certifying that the student is in good standing.
  • Submit a letter of acceptance from a KSU faculty member.
  • Receive approval from the department/school graduate program committee and from the academic college dean.

International transient students are allowed to study using KSU facilities for a maximum of 12 months.  Students may also register for research hours or for regular courses not to exceed a total of 12 credit hours over the visiting period. Tuition will be paid by students’ home institution or by a KSU grant. Students will be identified as full-time.