The costs for the program consist of three areas: tuition and fees, program fees and out-of-pocket expenses.
Tuition and Fees
Kent State Florence are based on approved tuition and fees including non-Ohio resident rates if applicable. Tuition and fees will be posted to your Kent State student account to be paid according to University-published deadlines.
Please visit the Kent State Bursar's Office for the most up to date tuition costs.
Includes airfare, housing, program fee, field trip fees, medical insurance and cultural events while in Italy. Total costs for the fall 2016 cohort for Ohio residents were approximately $13,750 (approximately $17,850 for non-Ohio residents).
|Program Fee||$2,600.00||Includes (among other items): administrative costs at Kent and Florence, class materials, Internet access fees, printer fees and student services|
|Roundtrip Airfare||$1,500.00 (Estimate)|
|International Health Insurance||$203.25|
|Field Trip Fees||$1,450.00||Estimated - Includes lodging and transportation.|
Includes meals, personal expenses and independent travel.
Take Your Scholarships with You
You are able to use your Kent State merit scholarships and financial aid, with the exception of work study, to cover your FIF costs.
All participants receive an additional one time $1,500 scholarship for program participation.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Several colleges offer their own study abroad scholarships. For specific college scholarship opportunities, visit the following resources:
- College of Arts & Sciences Study Abroad Scholarships (Contact Kristin Stasiowski at email@example.com or 330-672-1809)
- College of Business Administration Study Abroad Scholarships (Contact Amy Kittle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-672-1225)
- College of Communication & Information Study Abroad Scholarships
- College of Education, Health, and Human Services Study Abroad Scholarships (Contact Julie Wilcox at email@example.com or 330-672-0556)
- These costs do not include food, textbooks, travel to group flight departure points, and other incidentals.
- These estimates are not guaranteed for future semesters.
- Please remember to apply early if you are planning to use financial aid or loans.
- You will be billed by the Kent State University Bursar for the items listed above. A three-payment plan is available.
- When budgeting, take into account what optional independent travel around Europe you might want to do.