Kent State Honors College Sets New Enrollment Records
The Honors College welcomes a record-setting freshman class.
This fall, the Kent State University Honors College enrolled 421 new freshmen at the Kent campus. The 2016 freshman class is up 2.2% from last year's freshman class and beats the previous record of 419 enrolled students in 2013.
This year's class has an average unweighted GPA of 3.85 and an average ACT composite score of 29. The class of 2020 also has a record number of underrepresented students enrolled in the Honors College (5.44% compared to the previous high of 5% in fall 2013).
Among the 421 new freshmen, 78.4% are Ohio residents and 21.4% come from another state. Students have come to Kent from as far away as Washington and Oregon.
The Honors College is open to eligible students in any undergraduate program at Kent State. New freshmen represent enrollment in the following colleges:
- College of Architecture and Environmental Design: 4.5%
- College of Arts & Sciences: 41.6%
- College of the Arts: 16.2%
- College of Applied Engineering, Sustainability, and Technology: 2.1%
- College of Business Administration: 4.9%
- College of Communication & Information: 7.1%
- College of Education, Health, and Human Services: 15.2%
- College of Nursing: 6.2%
- College of Public Health: 1.2%
- University College: 7.8%