Academic Resource Guide - Tutoring
Kent State University’s Academic Success Center also offers tutoring. According to the Academic Success Center’s website, students who use tutoring can potentially improve their grades by as much as half a letter grade, if not more. Most tutoring services offered through the Academic Success Center are free, and tutoring is offered in many convenient locations on campus, as well as online. Take advantage of these services:
- There are several options for drop-in tutoring offered through the Academic Success Center. They include tutoring in math, sciences, psychology, sociology, history, 7 Ideas, foreign languages, and other subjects. Drop-in tutoring is located in the Library, Manchester Hall, and Tri-Towers. Check out University Tutoring for more information, including subjects, locations, and times.
- Free scheduled tutoring for KSU students is also available through the Academic Success Center. Visit the Academic Success Center in 207 Schwartz Center to sign up.
- Students who are registered with Student Accessibility Services, students who are first-generation college students, and students who are recipients of a Federal Pell Grant may also have access to grant aid scholarships, scheduled tutoring, study groups, peer mentoring, and membership in a community focused on academic success and graduation.
- Many academic departments also offer tutoring outside of the drop-in and scheduled tutoring offered by the Academic Success Center. Check with your professor or academic advisor.
- TMS: Tutor Matching Service. This is a service in which you can book a private tutor online, and it makes finding a tutor fast and easy.