CAE Aeronautics Living Learning Community
The Aeronautics Living-Learning Community (LLC) through the College of Aeronautics and Engineering (CAE) is housed in Koonce Hall and is open to first and second year students who are majoring in Aeronautics, Aeronautical Systems Engineering Technology, or Aerospace Engineering.
Benefits of living in the Aeronautics LLC
- Live with other Aeronautics students who understand the demands and rigor of the program
- Share many of the same First Year Experience and Intro to Aeronautics courses with other LLC members
- Access open academic advising appointments in your residence hall
- Receive guidance from upperclassmen Aeronautics student mentors on college and campus life
- Learn about clubs, organizations, and programs Aeronautics students commonly get involved in
- Enjoy social gatherings, professional development workshops, and industry on-site visits
Requirements for admission
Incoming freshmen or transfer students who are:
- enrolled in CAE majoring in Aeronautics, Aeronautical Systems Engineering Technology, or Aerospace Engineering
- with a minimum high school GPA of 2.5
- or returning sophomore Aeronautics, Aeronautical Systems Engineering Technology, or Aerospace Engineering students with a Kent State cumulative GPA of 2.25 are eligible to live in this community.
How do I join?
To join the CAE Aeronautics community, simply request to be placed in the Aeronautics community in the LLC section on your residence hall application and choose Koonce Hall as your number one building choice. The Department of Residence Services will try its best to accommodate all room requests, but we cannot guarantee that your request will be filled.
To learn more about the Aeronautics and College of Aeronautics and Engineering visit the CAE website.
Coordinator Contact Information
Academic Advisor and Aeronautics LLC Coordinator for CAE