RA (Administrative Responsibilities)
- Answering individual questions at floor or building meetings by representing the University's policy or procedure for issues or situations.
- Facilitating the creation of a roommate agreements and community living standards.
- Making appropriate referrals to other staff or departments who can assist the student in need.
- Summarizing common student issues and concerns of your area in the form of a weekly report.
- Completing educational bulletin boards for floor and/or hall.
- Documenting situations and inappropriate behaviors in a timely manner.
- Maintaining room condition reports (RCRs) for residents within the community.
- Explanations and training on the paperwork processes and its importance to the entire Department of Residence Services.
- Fall training workshops include sessions with various administrators and University officials who discuss the University's vision and philosophy for various educational and learning objectives.
- Discussions throughout training and in area staff meetings focus on University goals for community learning and the RA's vital role in realizing those goals.
- As a front-line employee of the University, you will have vast practice in representing the "company philosophy" to its constituents.
- You will learn to "question authority" in a manner that demonstrates a willingness to educate yourself on the many sides there are to determining courses for action. Employers seek workers who break paradigms and make positive changes by means of critical thinking within their organization.
- Assisting others with floor or roommate agreements will provide the candidate with experience in forming foundations for peers to reach their own goals as well as that of the organization.
- Being knowledgeable on the common issues and concerns of your residents will give you an edge in being responsive and proactive in addressing the needs of your peers. This demonstrates your ability to be that certain employee who is always in-the-know as to the culture of the work environment