RA - Benefits
Each RA will receive a room fee waiver valued at the standard room rate. Please note, most RAs across campus have a roommate. RAs are able to select their own roommate, or will have one assigned if there is no selection made. Any RA Room capable of housing two students will have a roommate assigned.
Each RA receives a basic meal plan.
The RA stipend amounts per semester are as follows:
- First year RAs with no roommate receive a stipend of $350 per semester paid bi-weekly
- First year RAs with a roommate receive a stipend of $700 per semester paid bi-weekly
- Second year RAs with no roommate receive a stipend of $372 per semester paid bi-weekly
- Second year RAs with a roommate receive a stipend of $750 per semester paid bi-weekly
The amounts above are for the academic year 2017-2018 and may be subject to change.
- Training and Transferable Skills: RAs will receive a great deal of training in the form of fall and spring in-services as well as fall training. The skills gained through this training and developed through the practice of the job are transferable into most other jobs. Even if you do not plan to make a career of working in a college setting, the RA position provides opportunities to strengthen valuable skills such as effective communication, conflict mediation, setting and reaching goals, and working as a member of a team, just to name a few!
- Community Development Model (CDM): Building relationships, assessing the needs, and creating involvement by fostering activities to address the needs.
- Restorative Justice: Fosters dialogue between victim and offender shows the highest rates of victim satisfaction and offender accountability.
- Social Justice (SJ) and Diversity: Commitment to being an Ally and advocating for the rights of all individuals to create a safe, inclusive, and multicultural community.
- Support: The relationships developed among members of staff teams can be tremendous assets to the individual staff members. This support can come in the form of individual meetings with the Residence Hall Director, staff meetings, or simply sharing the common experience with other staff members.
- Opportunity to attend NEOHO, Oshkosh Placement Exchange, and other leadership conferences.
- Opportunity to work with an outstanding Residential Communities Team!
We look forward to welcoming you as part of our team!