RA - Benefits
- Room: Each RA receives a room fee waiver valued at the standard room rate.
- Board: Each RA receives a Basic Meal Plan.
- RAs WILL BE assigned roommates in RA rooms that are capable of housing two students. The RA stipend is paid as follows:
- 1st year RA without a roommate receive a stipend of $350.00 per semester paid bi-weekly
- 1st year RA with a roommate receive a stipend of $700.00 per semester paid bi-weekly
- 2nd year RA without a roommate receive a stipend of $375.00 per semester paid bi-weekly
- 2nd year RA with roommate receive a stipend of $750.00 per semester paid bi-weekly
(The amounts above are for AY 2014-2015 and are subject to change each academic year)
- Training and Transferable Skills: RAs will receive a great deal of training in the form of fall and spring in-services as well as fall training. The skills gained through this training and developed through the practice of the job are transferable into most other jobs. Even if you do not plan to make a career of working in a college setting, the RA position provides opportunities to strengthen valuable skills such as effective communication, conflict mediation, setting and reaching goals, and working as a member of a team, just to name a few!
- Community Development Model (CDM): Building relationships, assessing the needs, and creating involvement by fostering activities to address the needs.
- Restorative Justice: Fosters dialogue between victim and offender shows the highest rates of victim satisfaction and offender accountability.
- Social Justice (SJ) and Diversity: Commitment to being an Ally and advocating for the rights of all individuals to create a safe, inclusive, and multicultural community.
- Support: The relationships developed among members of staff teams can be tremendous assets to the individual staff members. This support can come in the form of individual meetings with the Residence Hall Director, staff meetings, or simply sharing the common experience with other staff members.
- Opportunity to attend NEOHO, Oshkosh Placement Exchange, and other leadership conferences.
- Opportunity to work with an outstanding Residential Communities Team!
We look forward to welcoming you as part of our team!
Access the online application at: www.kent.edu/housing/ra