Residence Services 2017-18 Viewbook

Recharge. Study. Connect.

There are approximately 6,500 students living on campus in 25 different residence halls.

We build communities that support student success. We do this by developing relationships, assessing the community needs and getting students involved.

Overall, students who lived on campus last year had an average GPA of 3.06 compared to the off-campus student average of 2.73.

Things To Know Going In: Housing

The 2017-18 housing application will be available beginning Feb. 1, 2017. Before you can access the housing application, you must first change your default password through your FlashLine account. You are required to pay a $40 nonrefundable application fee and a $200 housing pre-payment in order to submit your application. Apply early — assignments are made based on the date applications are submitted. Once you have submitted your application, you may log back into your housing application and make updates until June 30, 2017.

Apply for Housing Online


You may make a specific roommate request on the application. You can use the Facebook application RoomSync to search for potential roommates. Both you and your requested roommate must confirm the roommate match through your housing application.


Request at least your top six hall preferences. The more information you provide us, the more likely we will be able to honor one of your preferences. We encourage you to live in the residence hall where your major’s Living-Learning Community is housed (if applicable). If you choose to do so, please be sure to indicate the appropriate hall preference on your application.

Requesting a specific residence hall on your application is only a preference; it does not guarantee you will be assigned to that residence hall.


All of the residence halls close for break periods. During spring break, students may file a break housing application in order to remain in their current rooms if they need to remain on campus during break. During winter break, students currently living in Centennial Courts C and D, and Beall, Clark, Engleman, Koonce, Leebrick, McDowell and Wright Halls may file a break housing application in order to remain in their current rooms if they need to remain on campus during break. Students living in other buildings can apply for break housing, but will need to move to a vacant room in one of the listed buildings during break.