- Reside on campus in assigned housing (room provided as partial compensation).
- Personal involvement in the promotion of positive public relations for Kent State University and the Department of Residence Services.
- Act as an information/resource person for residents on campus.
- Be actively involved in making the residents’ arrival, stay, and departure a success.
- Uphold and support the University, Division of Student Affairs, and Residence Services’ Mission Statements and Commitment to Diversity.
- Attend all scheduled training sessions and staff meetings, as determined by the Residential Communities Staff. Other position or department-related duties as needed.
- Assist Residence Hall Director, as needed, in the administrative operations for academic year functions.
- Assist with the opening and closing of residence halls.
- Embrace the Community Development Model and strive to develop a healthy and active community on the floor and in the hall.
- Assist in management of emergency response, fire alarms, and other issues in the halls.
- Maintain area and building coverage via a shared duty schedule.
- Submit reports, logs, forms, and other documents related to job responsibilities on time.
- Uphold policy and submit documentation for identified policy violations.
- Communicate resident and community concerns to the Residence Hall Director for follow up.
- Support student leaders in the hall through active participation and investment in Hall Council, KIC, and other hall initiatives.
- Host floor and community meetings.
- Create and post signs, create and display door decorations, maintain bulletin boards, as needed.
- Conduct 10 advertised public community hours in the residence hall per week to build community with residents in the hall.
- Help students feel that each resident is an important member of the residence hall community. Strive to help students understand the concept of self-discipline, as well as facilitate in each student a respect for the rights and privileges of other community members.
- Be responsible for issued keycards. Misuse or losing a master keycard or staff keycard is grounds for termination.
- Maintain possession of any issued Departmental supplies or equipment.
- Be familiar with Departmental policies and emergency procedures necessary to ensure the comfort and safety of residents.
- Assist Department in administrative responsibilities and Departmental initiatives.
- Complete programming requirements as determined by the Residence Hall Director.