Spring Move-In Information
Spring Move-in & COVID-19 Testing Information
Please revisit this webpage prior to move-in week to ensure that you have the most recent information.
COVID-19 Testing Information
In support of the University’s COVID-19 testing requirement, there will be a staggered move-in/return to the residence halls for the spring semester and students must test on the day they arrive. To protect the health and safety of our campus community, reservations for testing will be spread over multiple days starting on Monday, Jan. 11.
Beginning the week of Jan. 4, all residents will be able to make an appointment for a free, on-campus COVID-19 test through an online portal. As you plan, be aware that testing capacity is limited. Testing availability will be Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
If you need to arrive to campus prior to Monday, Jan. 11, you must take two actions:
- Contact the DeWeese Health Center to coordinate a COVID-19 testing plan. The DeWeese Health Center is open Monday – Fri. 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. They can be reached at 330-672-2322.
- Apply for winter break housing here: https://www.kent.edu/housing/winter-break-housing and select ‘COVID testing’ student group. You will NOT be charged, we just need to ensure we have you tracked for key access.
Testing Time and Location
The testing site will be your first stop when you arrive to campus!
If You Do Not Test
COVID-19 testing is a requirement at Kent State University for specific students based on health and safety standards in accordance with University policy 5-14.2 and the University Housing contract as appropriate. If you are a student and you reside in University Housing, you will be required to participate in COVID-19 testing.
Exceptions to COVID-19 testing are subject to approval by the COVID Response Team. If you believe you qualify for an exception to COVID-19 testing, you may submit the form available through the COVID Response Team. If the form is not yet available online, you can contact the COVID Response Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not willing to participate in testing, you must connect with Residence Services regarding cancellation of your housing contract. To avoid spring housing charges, students must cancel their housing contract and complete the checkout process before Jan. 17. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
Students who fail to comply with weekly testing requirements may have their housing contract cancelled and/or be referred to the Office of Student Conduct for non-compliance.
On-Going Required COVID-19 Testing
Residence hall students will be required to participate in weekly testing during the spring housing term.
Guest Policy on Arrival
- Consistent with the Flashes Safe Eight Principles, face coverings are required for you and your party during move-in.
- Including yourself, the maximum number of people in your move-in party is limited to THREE PERSONS.
- Engage in conversation with your move-in party if any members are at a higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19. By the very nature of move-in day, there will be more people than normal in and around each residence hall.
- If you or someone from your party is feeling ill or has a temperature (100.4°F/38°C), you should delay your arrival until a later date when you are feeling better or after consulting with a medical professional.
After Testing: Where do I go to move into my room?
Returning students and incoming students may access their residence hall after they have been tested using their FLASHcard.
Incoming students that do not already have a FLASHcard will head to the area desk that serves your residence hall to pick up a temporary keycard that will only allow access to your residence hall room. Once your move-in is completed, head to the FLASHcard Office to receive your official FLASHcard (student ID card). You must bring a photo ID (a valid state issued ID or passport). The FLASHcard Office needs you to submit your photo online so they can prepare your ID. Instructions and photo requirements are available here. Taking this step as soon as possible will speed up your pick up experience. If your photo was not submitted ahead of move-in, your photo will be taken and FLASHcard made available for pick up the following day.
Listed below are all of the halls and their corresponding area desk:
|Dunbar Area Desk
(Located in Dunbar Hall)
|Centennial Court A, Centennial Court B, Centennial Court C, Centennial Court D, Centennial Court E, Centennial Court F, Dunbar, Engleman, Johnson, Olson, Prentice, Stopher|
|Tri-Towers Area Desk
(Located in the Tri-Towers Rotunda)
|Allyn, Beall, Clark, Fletcher, Koonce, Leebrick, Manchester, McDowell, Wright|