Van Campen Hall
- Named for Marion Van Campen, Professor Emeritus of Education, 1938-1961.
- Building was opened in 2009.
- Houses approximately 56 students on three floors.
- Rooms are carpeted and building is air-conditioned.
- Thefurniture is not loftable; however the bed may be bunked. A microfridge is provided.
- Area desk for Van Campen is located at Twin Towers (Beall-McDowell).
Hall Mailing Address:
Van Campen Hall - KSU
575 Senhauser Drive
Kent, OH 44243
625 Loop Road
Kent, OH 44243
Van Campen Hall is comprised of double, triple, and quad rooms. Each room is air-conditioned, carpeted and comes with bunkable furniture and a microfridge. All beds use extra long sheets.
Visitation and Alcohol Policy
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- Nonresident guests are permitted in the living corridors during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m.- Midnight
- Weekend: 10 a.m. Friday - Midnight Monday.
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times.
- No alcohol is allowed in Van Campen Hall at any time.
- Smoking and tobacco use will not be permitted on any of Kent State’s campuses or other locations and properties that are owned, operated or leased by Kent State, both domestic and international. This includes all areas within Kent State properties, including buildings, grounds, roads, parking lots, recreational areas and sidewalks. Since the policy applies to streets and parking lots, smoking will not be permitted in personal vehicles on university property.
Dining Close to Van Campen Hall:
Beall Hall, McDowell Hall and Van Campen Hall are staffed by a Residence Hall Director (RHD) and seventeen Resident Assistants (RAs). The staff's main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.
The Van Campen Hall Council also operates with the goal of improving student living. Hall Council provides all residents with an opportunity to interact with one another through weekly meetings and a variety of fun activities and programs. The Executive Board provides leadership opportunities within the hall, as well as the whole campus.
- Double: $3,438
- Triple Room: $3,234
- Quad Room: $3,234