2021 Prescription Plan
All of the medical plan options include prescription drug coverage which is provided through CVS/Caremark, Inc. With this plan, you can receive periodic prescriptions through your local retail pharmacy for up to three refills. For maintenance prescriptions (prescriptions that are taken on a regular basis for an extended period of time), will need to be filled at a CVS/Caremark pharmacy or use the CVS/Caremark mail order option. Mail order forms can be found in the HR Forms Library or by visiting http://www.caremark.com.
- 10% - coinsurance for generic medications
- 20% - coinsurance for brand-name medications when a generic is not available
- 40% - coinsurance for brand-name medications when a generic equivalent is available
Another layer of the prescription benefit is the maximum amounts you will pay for a prescription.
- Employees enrolled in the high deductible health plan (HDHP) will have a prescription coinsurance maximum of $60 AFTER meeting the deductible.
- Employees enrolled in the 85/60 medical plans will have a prescription coinsurance maximum of $80.