Employee Wellness Ambassador Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as a liaison between department/regional campus and the wellness advisory committee and/or wellness coordinator
- Promote university-sponsored wellness programs and activities that support good health and improve quality of life
- Act as a champion for wellness and catalyst for change
- Provide feedback to the wellness advisory committee and/or wellness coordinator
- Support and endorse strategic health initiatives by personal participation
- Distribute approved communications, resources, or prizes to those participants in your designated area
Characteristics of a Successful Employee Wellness Ambassador
- Enthusiasm for the role
- Ability to assist in the delivery of wellness programming to the department/regional campus level
- Accessibility to e-mail
- Demonstration of sound independent judgment in terms of modes and frequency of wellness communication to colleagues
- Willingness to generate and share ideas
All Employee Wellness Ambassadors must obtain supervisory support and approval to act in the volunteer role via an application process. Serving as an Employee Wellness Ambassador should require no more than one hour of time per month. Employee Wellness Ambassador assignments are voluntary and any scheduling or work conflicts should be reviewed with your supervisor. Your application must be reviewed and approved by your supervisor.
An Employee Wellness Ambassador is a faculty or staff representative that voluntarily serves as a liaison between the KSU wellness advisory committee, KSU employee wellness coordinator and the respective department, college or regional campus. The goal is to engage employees at the local level in the university-sponsored wellness programs and initiatives. Potential Employee Wellness Ambassadors must discuss this application with their immediate supervisor/manager to ensure managerial support of the role and the expected time commitment of no more than one hour per month.