Faculty Staff Group Exercise
Student Recreation and Wellness Center Faculty/Staff Group Exercise
The Division of Human Resources, in collaboration with Recreational Services, is pleased to offer the following sessions. A Student Recreation and Wellness Center membership is not required to attend and there is no cost to Kent State University employees. Pre-registration is required. Visit the Employee Wellness events calendar to register.
- Mondays - Basic Strength (12:15—1:00 pm) In this class we will break down a variety of basic resistance exercises to learn proper form and technique to get you ready for the next level of your fitness journey.
- Tuesdays - Rejuvenate yourself with Lunchtime Yoga (12:15 - 1:00 pm) All fitness levels are welcome and participants are requested to bring their own yoga mat.
- Wednesdays - Compound Strength (12:15 - 1:00 pm) This class takes Basic Strength to the next level and puts those individual resistance exercises together to form compound movements. Work the entire body at once to increase caloric burn, improve your balance and coordination and of course…increase your strength.
- Thursday - Spin (12:15 - 1:00 pm) Spin is an indoor stationary cycling class that focuses on improving your cardiovascular and muscular fitness with biking on simulated flat roads, hills and jumps, followed by off-the-bike strength training and core exercises.
- The Student Recreation and Wellness Center also offers FREE FRIDAYS for all Kent State faculty and staff. Faculty and staff can enjoy all the amenities of the SRWC, including free access to group X Classes on Free Fridays. A valid FLASHcard is required for entry. You do not need to register to participate in Free Fridays.