- Basic Life, AD&D, Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program - Impact
- Leaves of Absence
- Medical Insurance
- Prescription - Caremark
- Tuition Waiver
- Vision Insurance
- Wellness - OneWellU
Employer Sponsored Benefits:
- Flexible Spending
- Voluntary Indemnity Plans
- Voluntary Long-Term Care Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- Domestic Partners
- Employment Separation
- Life Events
- New Hire Orientation
- Workers' Compensation
Your Sick Leave Information
To obtain your personal sick leave accrual rate, sick leave used and sick leave balance, log on to FlashLine, and then go to the My HR tab.
Recording Sick Leave
Employees are required to complete a Leave of Absence Request Form or record sick leave in Kronos.
It is the policy of the university to provide paid sick leave for its employees in accordance with the provisions of sections 124.38 and 124.39 of the Ohio Revised Code. Sick leave may be requested for the following reasons:
- Illness or injury of the employee or a member of the employee's immediate family;
- Death of a member of the employee's immediate family;
- Medical, dental, optical, or psychological examination or treatment of the employee or a member of the immediate family by an appropriate licensed practitioner;
- Exposure of an employee to a contagious disease which could be communicated to and jeopardize the health of other employees;
- Disability due to pregnancy and/or childbirth and related medical conditions.
Classified - Full-time classified employees accrue sick leave at a rate of 4.64 hours for every 80-hour pay period. Permanent part-time classified employees accrue sick leave based on the number of hours worked for every two weeks of employment.
Unclassified - Full-time twelve-month unclassified employees earn 10 hours of sick leave per month. Full-time nine- or ten-month unclassified employees earn 10 hours of sick leave per month. Post-doctoral research associates earn 10 hours of sick leave per month.
Faculty - Full-time twelve-month faculty earn 10 hours of sick leave per month. Full-time nine-month faculty earns 10 hours of sick leave per month.
Definition of "immediate family" is the employee's spouse, parents, children, grandparents, siblings, grandchildren, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, step-parents, step-children, step-siblings, domestic partner, or a legal guardian or other person who stands in place of a parent.
In the event of a prolonged illness or injury of a member of the immediate family, it is understood that the employee will make arrangements as soon as possible for other assistance to care for the afflicted member of the family. Sick leave will be granted only for a reasonable period of time to enable the employee to make necessary arrangements.
Sick leave granted by reason of death of the immediate family will not exceed five working days. Up to five days are allowed for the care of the employee's wife and family during the postnatal period.
AFSCME employees should refer to Article 28 of the AFSCME Agreement for additional information.