Customer Service: 866-299-1358
EyeMed is the employee vision care provider and is automatic when you elect medical coverage with Medical Mutual. With EyeMed, you have access to more than 37,000 independent practitioner and optical retail providers at more than 17,000 locations nationwide. Retail locations include LensCrafters, Pearle Optical, Target Optical, and JC Penney Optical.
The following is a summary of your EyeMed benefits or you can download the EyeMed Benefit Summary.
- Exam and benefit each calendar year.
- Employees do not have to pay in advance and file a claim for reimbursement when using an in-network provider.
- The plan offers in-network and out-of-network benefits.
- Each covered member may select eyeglasses or contact lenses for their benefit period. Members may select from the following options:
- Covered members receive EITHER: a $240 allowance for frame, lens, and lens options (You will also receive a 20 percent discount on the purchase if in-network balance exceeds $240) OR: a $190 allowance for contact lenses (You will also receive a 15 percent discount on the purchase if in-network balance exceeds $190. Disposable contacts are not eligible for the discount). You cannot receive allowances for both glasses and contact lenses for the same patient in a single year.
- Once the in-network benefit has been exhausted, employees can receive a 40 percent discount on a complete pair of eyeglasses or a 15 percent discount on contact lenses.
- Laser vision correction done by an in-network provider is eligible for a 15 percent discount on the retail price or a five percent discount off the promotional price.
- Customer service available seven days a week.
Visit the EyeMed website to access a vast list of in-network provides, account information, print additional vision cards or discover important health information regarding your vision.