Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) is intended to supplement the Basic AD&D insurance provided to you by the university and gives you the opportunity to purchase coverage for your legally married spouse, or eligible registered domestic partner and the employee's dependent children.
This insurance helps provide financial protection by promising to pay a benefit in the event of an insured individual's covered death or dismemberment as the result of an accident. Additionally, with this plan you have special coverage for repatriation, paralysis, use of seatbelts and airbags, child care and common disaster benefit. You can review these benefits in the Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment Brochure.
The cost for you, your spouse/domestic partner and/or your eligible dependents is based on the amount of coverage you choose.
The following are coverage amounts:
- Employee coverage is available in increments of $25,000 up to a maximum of $250,000.
- Spouse/domestic partner coverage is 50% of the employee's coverage amount if you chose to cover you and your spouse/domestic partner only. If you choose to cover you, your spouse/domestic partner and your children, your spouse/domestic partner coverage is 40% of the employee's coverage amount.
Age Reductions: Insurance coverage for you or your spouse/domestic partner is based on age-reduction amounts as follows:
- Age 70: The original amount is reduced to 65%
- Age 75: The original amount is reduced to 45%
- Age 80: The original amount is reduced to 30%
- Age 85: The original amount is reduced to 20%
For further information regarding this insurance, please contact the University Benefits Office at 330-672-3107 or email@example.com.