Dining Prepares for Fall Semester
Dining Services will implement all COVID-19 safe practices and guidelines established by Kent State University with the Flashes Safe Seven principles, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of Ohio and the local Department of Health.
Students, faculty, staff and guests will be reassured by visual representations, including signage, frequent sanitation and floor stickers to promote physical distancing. Density capacity will be no more than 50 percent of normal occupancy with six feet between tables. This also requires seating limitations for all dining locations while continuing to offer to-go options for guests who prefer to eat elsewhere. The All-You-Care-To-Eat dining halls (DI Kitchen and Eastway Fresh Food Company) will be a combination of carry-out and limited dine-in seating, and may be subject to change to remain in compliance with necessary practices and guidelines.
In fall 2020, University Dining Services is excited to unveil a new dining hall facility and convenience store in the Design Innovation Hub that will continue to elevate dining at Kent State University. There will also be operational adjustments made to other dining locations to adapt to the changing needs of the Kent State community given the unique re-opening precautions related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following changes will be implemented in the fall 2020 semester:
- Expanded dining offerings at Rosie’s Diner that include pizza and deli options
- Gluten free options at the DI Kitchen, Eastway Fresh Food Company dining halls and additional dining locations across campus
- Munchies Market and Prentice Cafe will be re-purposed as student engagement spaces and will no longer function as dining locations.
- The Market dining hall and the Patio within the Kent Student Center will no longer function as dining halls, as the university is implementing new uses for these spaces.
- Hippie Chick will be a new chicken concept located in the HUB of the Kent Student Center, offering home style breaded chicken tenders and a variety of sauces that include an in-house special sauce and scrumptious sides
- GRAZERS will leave the campus location to serve the Kent State community at its expanded restaurant located in downtown Kent.