The Gratitude Graffiti Project Returns to Kent State April 1
Order Your Gratitude Graffiti Kit by March 22!
At a time when we are distracted by so much, it is important for us to stop and take a moment, or two, throughout the day to reflect on the aspects of life we are grateful for...however big or small.
For the third consecutive year, Kent State will participate in the Gratitude Graffiti Project, a practice of purposeful reflection and appreciation expressed through interactive art. Participants in the project are no longer "spectators" of art -- they are fully engaged in creating the art that expresses their gratitude. Through art, people can contemplate, create, rejuvenate, and awaken a completely new perspective on how to look at how great life can be.
Request a Gratitude Graffiti kit and provide the opportunity for your workplace community to pause, reflect and enjoy a moment of positive thought each day. Our easy to implement kits will provide the opportunity, throughout the month of April, to think of something you're grateful for and write your appreciation on a window or a Post-it note to bring your Gratitude Graffiti Stop to life!
How Does the Simple Act of Sharing Gratitude Benefit Your Wellbeing?
Over the past decade, hundreds of studies have documented the social, physical and psychological benefits of practicing gratitude. Even in the midst of adversity, such as coping with a chronic illness or other traumatic life event, we know that a regular practice of gratitude can bring the following benefits:
- Increases happiness and life satisfaction
- Boosts feelings of optimism, joy, enthusiasm, and other positive emotions
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Strengthens the immune system, lowers blood pressure, reduces symptoms of illness, and makes us feel less bothered by aches and pains
- Encourages us to exercise more and take better care of our health
- Increases relaxation, energy, creativity and confidence
- Promotes restfulness. To sleep more soundly, count blessings, not sheep!
- Makes us more resilient; encourages forgiveness and compassion
- Engages the community; fosters connections and relationship-building
How You Can Get Involved and Order Your Free Kit
- Each department/building is invited to house its own Gratitude Stop, a hub in the building transformed into a "graffiti" location.
- There are two different Gratitude Graffiti kit options to choose from. Select the kit type that will work best for your area. Kits may be viewed and ordered by visiting the Gratitude Graffiti web page, or to order your kit today, simply complete the Gratitude Stop Request Form and return it to Employee Wellness, per the instructions on the form, by March 22.
- After a kit is requested, the Employee Wellness team will reach out to the contact to let them know when their kit is ready for pickup. In preparation for our April Month of Gratitude, please plan to have your gratitude stop up by April 1. We can't wait to see all the art produced across campuses!
*If you kept your Gratitude Graffiti kit from a previous year and plan to participate again this year, please let us know so we can add your location to our directory!