Spring Internship, Co-op & Career Fair
The Spring Internship, Co-op & Career Fair is one month away. Please consider how you can share the value of this great opportunity with your students this semester. This spring’s fair is on Thurs., Feb. 20, from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. in the Beverly J. Warren Student Recreation and Wellness Center (SRWC). The event is open to all KSU students and alumni of all majors seeking internships, co-ops, full-time, part-time, and on-campus student employment opportunities.
Benefits for students attending the fair include:
- Familiarizing themselves with a high-energy atmosphere with multiple employers and hundreds of students in a formal networking setting.
- Interacting with employers and communicating the relevance of information learned in the classroom.
- Networking opportunities for internships, many of which are acquired through conversations at the fair.
In order to reach as many students as possible, faculty and staff are encouraged to consider doing one or more of the following:
- Encourage students to log into Handshake (also accessible via FlashLine) to learn more about the career fair and research the attending organizations.
- Consider offering extra credit for students in your class who attend the fair.Career Exploration and Development (CED) can provide a worksheet or activity for students to complete and turn in to count toward participation.
- If your class falls on Thurs., Feb. 20, between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., have your class meet at the SRWC and structure your lesson plan accordingly.CED can assist with activities that align with the fair.
Students are encouraged to prepare for the event by taking the following steps:
- Reviewing a bird’s eye view fair video.
- Attending one of our drop-in sessions.
- Visiting the CED website to develop a power greeting (also known as a one-minute elevator pitch).
- Creating a professional image, and much more.
Please remind students to dress professionally and bring several copies of their resume.
If you have questions, or would like additional promotional materials, please contact Kristin Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.