Selection of Anti-Racism Conference sessions will count toward Beyond Compliance hours
It was recently announced that the inaugural Kent State Anti-Racism Conference will be held Oct. 6-7. The sessions listed below are eligible for Beyond Compliance credit for faculty and staff, who must complete two hours of Beyond Compliance credit each fiscal year. Learn more about Beyond Compliance here.
To register for these sessions, and to learn more about the entire conference, see the Anti-Racism Conference schedule. Registration is required for the Keynote Address. Faculty and staff are invited to encourage students to register as well, as this event is open to all of Kent State.
Thursday, October 6
- Session 1 – Arts and Humanities: Confronting, Deconstructing and Moving Through Anti-Racism (BC 1.5 hrs)
- Session 2 – Creating Space for Anti-Racist Conversations in the Classroom (BC 1.5 hrs)
- Session 3 – Elevating Voices and Communities (BC 1.5 hrs)
- Session 4 – Inclusive Conceptions of Anti-Racism (BC 1.5 hrs)
- Session 6 – Workshop: Archeology of the Self: Centering Racial Literacy in Practice (BC 1.5 hrs)
- Keynote address by Bettina Love, Ph.D., author and Athletic Association Endowed Professor at the University of Georgia (BC 1.5hrs)
Friday, October 7
- Session 1 – “How Artivists Will Save the World,” Elizabeth Vega, activist and co-founder of the direct-action group Artivists STL (BC 1 hr)
- Session 2 – Creating Anti-Racism in Educational Spaces (BC 1.5 hrs)
- Session 3 – Workshop: Anti-Racist Teaching - Are You Brave Enough? (1.5 hrs)
- Session 4 – Workshop: Who Really Wants to Talk about Race? (BC 1.5 hrs)
- Session 5 – Brilliance & Knowledge (BC 1.5 hrs)
- Session 6 – Workshop: Equity-Minded Academic and Co-curricular Assessment (BC 1.5 hrs)
- Session 7 – Workshop: Design Justice: Strategies to Shape Our Classrooms (BC 1.5 hrs)
For Beyond Compliance-related questions, please contact HR Training & Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.