Purpose and Objective-Unclassified Employee Performance Evaluation
The performance evaluation process is a collaborative effort between employees and managers. It is not the policy or the form that makes the evaluation successful, it is the actual performance conversation that a manager has with the individual that is most important.
Purpose of a Performance Evaluation
- Align employee performance with the mission and goals of the university and unit.
- Strengthen two-way communication regarding job performance and periodically assess goals and opportunities for the unit and the individual.
- Establish a mutually-understood set of performance expectations.
- Recognize contributions of employees.
- Discuss opportunities for growth and development.
- Provide necessary feedback when performance does not meet expectations.
The university preferred form to conduct the evaluation is online.