If I am underage and have been drinking, should I still file a complaint, or help someone who may have experienced sexual misconduct?

Yes. A student who has experienced unlawful gender-based discrimination is encouraged to come forward under any circumstances so he or she can get support, and to allow the university to take steps to investigate and address the situation. Also, all Kent State University students are expected to report violations described in the university’s gender-based discrimination policy. If a student who reports or serves as a witness for such an incident is also in violation of another policy (such as a drug or alcohol offense) in conjunction with the incident, amnesty will be considered by the Office of Student Conduct.