HI Pulse Webinar: Emergency Informatics
This session will define the field of emergency informatics; discuss informatics tools commonly used in emergency department settings; review factors in the emergency department which necessitate a unique approach to implementing informatics tools; discuss use cases of informatics tools implemented in emergency departments.
Jonathan E. Siff, MD, MBA, FACEP, is the Associate Chief Medical Informatics Officer for The MetroHealth System in Cleveland, Ohio. He also serves as the Associate Operations Director and Physician Billing and Compliance Director for the Department of Emergency Medicine. The Emergency Department at MetroHealth serves as the Level 1 Trauma Center and County Hospital for the greater Cleveland area and had over 100,000 visits in 2015. In his role as a physician informaticist he has implemented the Epic EHR from the ground up and worked throughout the system to engage users, leverage reporting and data from the EHR and provide system enhancements aimed at improving the end user experience and improving patient health. Dr. Siff leads a team of over thirty provider informaticists who are engaged in a wide range informatics projects throughout the health system. He is also the physician informatics lead for compliance and provider training. Dr. Siff holds a BA in Chemistry and a MBA in Finance from Miami University. He received his MD from the University of Cincinnati in 1995. Jonathan serves on the Informatics and Reimbursement committees for the American College of Emergency Physicians and was named a Hero of Emergency Medicine by the College in 2008 in recognition of his outstanding achievement and dedication to advancing the specialty of emergency medicine. Dr. Siff has also served on Federal Advisory Committees related to physician payment and reimbursement.
Instructions for connecting to the webinar:
- Topic: KSU NOHIMSS Webinar Series: Emergency Informatics
- Date and Time: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 12:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
- Event number: 716 950 696
- Event password: This event does not require a password.
- Event address for attendees: https://kent.webex.com/kent/onstage/g.php?MTID=ef59573097cd7f5414e7b44d6...
- Audio conference information
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-479-3208
- Global call-in numbers: https://kent.webex.com/kent/globalcallin.php?serviceType=EC&ED=552096222...
- Access code: 716 950 696