Health Informatics FAQs
If you have additional questions, complete the information request form at https://onlinedegrees.kent.edu/ischool/health-informatics/masters.
What type of students are in the program?
- Many of our students are already working in the profession and are seeking a degree or certificate to advance their careers and gain new knowledge and skills. Some have never worked in the field but have realized the opportunities it offers.
Does the School of Information help students with the job search process?
- Students can register with the Career Services Center at Kent State for professional job search assistance. You should also consult the resources on our Careers in Health Informatics page. In addition, job announcements are posted regularly to the school's listserv. (If you are not on the health informatics student listserv, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.)
When and where are classes held?
- All classes are offered online. You can earn your degree or certificate by taking your classes entirely online.
What is an online course?
- An online course is delivered through the Internet and Web-based software. Online courses will be delivered online through Blackboard Learn, Kent State's virtual classroom management system. Students receive course content, submit assignments, complete exams and interact with the instructor and other students through Blackboard Learn.
How do I use Blackboard Learn, the university-supported course management system?
- The university's Information Services division offers resources and support — including helpful tutorials — for students who are new to Blackboard Learn. If you ever encounter problems with the system, you have 24/7 access to the university Helpdesk at 330-672-HELP (4357) or via the Information Services support website.
What computer skills do I need? What are the technology requirements for iSchool students?
- The technological proficiencies and technology requirements for online students explained on the Proficiencies and Tools for Online Students page.