Master of Science Admissions: Knowledge Management
- April 1: Summer Semester
- June 15: Fall Semester
- November 15: Spring Semester
Applications are reviewed as they are received. All application materials, including test scores, should be received by the deadline to ensure the best chance to register for classes. Applications received after the indicated semester deadline will be considered on a space-available basis. Please contact the School at email@example.com to determine the possibility of late submission if your application file will not be completed in time.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent to that earned from a regionally accredited institution in the United States.
- Total GPA of 3.0 or higher in your highest completed degree. GPA is calculated from the grades of all courses taken at the relevant level, baccalaureate or master.
- International students must provide evidence of English Language Proficiency. See the International Students page on our site for details on score requirements.
Application & Additional Materials
Applicants are required to create an account in the online application system (Graduate Studies), which allows them to save the application and track the progress of materials submitted via the application system. The online application will indicate "Kent Campus" for all Kent and online students. Degrees and certificates are offered through the College of Communication and Information.
All admissions materials may be uploaded directly into the application system. If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident, and have questions or problems with the application, contact Graduate Admissions (domestic applicants only) at 330-672-2661 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident, questions regarding application materials should be directed to the Office of Global Education at 330-672-7980 or email@example.com.
Request an official transcript from each college/university in which eight (8) semester hours or more were earned, except for Kent State University. Kent State requires official transcripts sent directly from each institution.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Three letters of recommendation are required. References should be able to attest that you possess the ability and skills needed to succeed in graduate study. Generally the best references are professors, but senior-level managers from your workplace can also serve well. Letters should include a signature and be submitted on the sender's company or organization letterhead.
By submitting the email address and name of your reference in the application, you enable the application to send information about electronic submission of their references letters. A form is also built into the reference submission system. For your reference, you can see
a sample of the recommendation form provided by Graduate Studies.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Please include a typed, double-spaced statement of no more than 1,000 words describing:
- Why you are interested in the program;
- How your background experience and/or education has prepared you for the program;
- Your career goals;
- How the program will help actualize your professional objectives.
RESUME / CURRICULUM VITAE
Please submit a current resume or CV with your application.
GRADUATE RECORD EXAM (GRE)
The minimum standard for graduate admission to Kent State University is a total GPA of 3.0 in the highest degree completed. Total GPA includes grades for all courses taken at the relevant level (baccalaureate or master’s) at all institutions attended. Applicants with a total GPA below 3.0 who would like to seek admission to the Master of Science in Knowledge Managment degree program must take the GRE and submit the scores to Kent State. The School does not offer waivers for professional experience.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All international applicants whose education has been primarily outside the United States must provide objective evidence of proficiency in the English language, with some exceptions.
- See the English Language Proficiency page on the International Admissions site to determine whether you will be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Contact the Educational Testing Services for further information on TOEFL, or contact the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) for IELTS testing.
- See the International Students page on this site for more information on score requirements.