M.L.I.S. Curriculum: Students Enrolled Before Fall 2016
Core Curriculum (16 credit hours)
Core courses are offered every fall and spring semester, and as needed during summer sessions.
- LIS 60000 Tools for M.L.I.S. Success (1 credit hour)
- LIS 60001 Access to Information (3)
- LIS 60002 Organization of Information (3)
- LIS 60003 Information Technology for Library and Information Professionals (3)
- LIS 60600 Foundations of Library and Information Science (3)
- LIS 60610 Management for Library and Information Professionals (3)
Electives (18 credit hours)
- Choose elective courses from any of the School's 14 LIS specializations.
- You may also choose electives from the courses offered as part of the health informatics, knowledge management or user experience design concentrations in our Master of Science program, in consultation with your academic advisor.
- Special topics courses in:
- Library and information science
- Health informatics
- Knowledge management
Culminating Experience (3+ credit hours)
Select one option from the following (3 credit hour minimum):
- LIS 60092 Internship/Practicum (3)
- LIS 60098 Master's Research Paper or Project (3)
- LIS 60199/60299 Master's Thesis (6 credit hours)
Note: Students in the K-12 school library media specialization will take LIS 60792 Culminating Practicum in K-12 Libraries.