Multiple Degree Option: Knowledge Management & Library & Information Science
Minimum 57 credit hours (effective catalog year Fall 2013)
Core Requirements (37 hours)
IAKM Core Requirements with KM Concentration
- IAKM 60001 IAKM in Context (3)
- IAKM 60002 Knowledge Organization Structures, Systems, and Services (3)
- ECON 62015 Economics of Information (3)
- IAKM 60301 Foundational Principles of Knowledge Management (3)
- IAKM 60302 Foundations of Document and Records Management (3)
- IAKM 60303 Knowledge Assessment and Evaluation (3)
- IAKM 60313 Communities of Practice (3)
- IAKM 60306 Organizational Culture (3)
- IAKM 60607 Organizational Learning (3)
LIS Core Requirements
- LIS 60000 Tools for Master of Library and Information Science Success (1)
- LIS 60001 Access to Information (3)
- LIS 60002 Organization of Information (3)
- LIS 60003 Information Technology for Library and Information Professionals (3)
- LIS 60600 Foundations of Library and Information Science (3)
- LIS 60610 Management of Library and Information Centers (3)
Select four knowledge management-related LIS courses (12 hours).
- LIS 60616* The Special Library (3)
- LIS 60649* Indexing and Abstracting (3)
- LIS 60650* Information Policy (3)
- LIS 60651 Digital Image Collection Management (3)
- LIS 60692* Practicum - Libraries and Information Centers (2 to 3)
Students may choose among additional LIS electives. Please see your advisor for options.
Select from among the following (3 hour minimum):
- IAKM 61081 Capstone Experience (3)
- IAKM 60198 Master's Project (3)
- IAKM 61199 Thesis I (6)
- IAKM 61299 Thesis II - no minimum, depends on needs for completion of thesis
- LIS 60670 Culminating Experience (3)
The master's project, thesis or culminating experience must meet the approval of both IAKM and LIS Advisors. See your advisor for the appropriate approval form.
* Permission or prerequisite required. Please contact the School at 330-672-2782 with any questions.
** Permission or prerequisite required. If you choose this course as an elective you are not permitted to use the practicum option in the Culminating Experience (LIS 60670) as your final requirement.