Florence Spring Break 2020
What is it like being part of an Italian family?
Learn first-hand from Italian college students the role family plays in major life decisions and the cultural influences on Italian families.
During the week you will:
- Have dinner with an Italian family
- Meet with Italian college students each day to learn more about Italian families
- Experience Italian culture by attending an opera, food tasting, walking tours of the city, and guided visits of historical sites and museums of Florence
- Identify societal influences on Italian families
- Visit grade schools and high schools in Italy and interact with students
- Compare and contrast the role family has in emerging adulthood in Italy vs. the United States
- Compare and contrast family structure and roles in Northern and Southern Italy, as well as in the United States
Register for HDFS 42092 Emerging as an Adult: Italy vs. USA and earn 3 credit hours studying abroad in Florence during Spring Break 2020. This opportunity is open to all majors and counts toward your experiential learning requirement.
Dates: March 23-30, 2020
Instructor: Eron Memaj, Director of International Student Affairs email@example.com
Scholarships: Scholarships are available to help you make your study abroad dream a reality.
- First Experience Abroad Scholarship
- Diversity in Education Abroad
- Search for more scholarship opportunities
The are many different opportunities to study abroad! Don't miss the chance to add a life-changing experience to your personal and professional development. The Office of International Student Affairs is here to help those students living on campus discover the right study abroad opportunity and the step-by-step instructions to make the opportunity a reality.
You live on campus, now let's take it a step further! Try living in another country. We're here to help!
1. Search for the perfect program
Search for a program by clicking here.
If you have questions about study abroad opportunities or would like to talk with someone, we're more than happy to have an initial conversation about the opportunities available. Email the Office of International Student Affairs at ISA@kent.edu
2. Apply for the perfect program
Congratulations! You found the perfect program and you're ready to apply. For detailed instructions, please visit https://www.kent.edu/globaleducation/application-instructions
3. Share your experience
After you return from studying abroad, you have the opportunity to share your experience with other students by presenting for Res Airways. Res Airways allows students to travel the world without leaving the residence halls! Every other week we have a student presenting in a residence hall about a country, food is also included! If you would like to present about the country where you studied abroad, please email ISA@kent.edu