What is One Stop and where did the idea originate?
A project team was created to research models and best practices in designing and implementing a one stop shared service model for students. The project mission was stated as:
Addressing the Kent State University priority of “Students First”, the One Stop Student Services Center is a studentcentric cross-functional approach that supports a seamless, comprehensive and relationship-oriented student service delivery model in the areas of registration, financial aid, financial counseling, billing and payments to support student learning, progress toward degree and financial wellness.
Key reasons for adopting this approach were identified as:
- Support Kent’s retention and graduation goals
- Provide student debt education (financial wellness counseling)
- Provide high quality customer service (enhanced student experience)
- Cross-functional/shared services model
- Save time for students and reduce run around
- Streamline services to create efficiencies
- Provide knowledge centered support
- Create a more connected campus via CRM
The group will focus on the areas of Financial Aid, Bursar, Registrar and Financial Wellness Counseling and will utilize our new CRM (Salesforce.org) to document student interactions. The One Stop team has partnered with the Information Services team to identify necessary data and case management configuration for optimal results.
The team is also investigating in-line queue technology options to service walk up students by allowing them to check in. We are also focusing on phone and email integration to offer multiple methods of contact.