New Features Added to KSUMobile
KSUMobile, Kent State’s official mobile application, provides students, faculty, and staff with a myriad of services right at their fingertips. The latest update, released in November 2016, added two great new features that will benefit the university community.
Live PARTA bus tracking is an exciting new way to utilize the campus bus system. Users can see, in real time, where PARTA buses are on their routes, find out how soon the next bus will be at a selected stop, or see where a particular bus will be stopping next on its route. Also included is the ability to personalize the map to only display favorite routes.
Students also now have the ability to purchase their books directly through KSUMobile. The app will access the student’s schedule and automatically retrieve the required books for their registered classes. The books are then stored in an online shopping cart, where students can either do an online checkout on the campus bookstore site, or simply take the list into the bookstore where they can purchase them in-person. Faculty must input the required books for their course into FlashLine in order for the service to work.
These additions join a long list of other helpful services including:
- View pay stubs, leave reporting, vacation and sick leave balance
- Faculty can view class rosters and email students from the roster
- Get directions to campus buildings with Campus Maps
- Search the university directory for email addresses and phone numbers
- Access a list of important campus phone numbers and locations
- Get the latest Kent State news from Athletics, Rec Services and more
- Discover what’s happening on campus with the What’s Up KSU calendar.
The KSUMobile app is available for free from the App Store and Google Play.