- FERPA Information
- How can I protect my computer and network usage?
- Why do I get spam from kent.edu addresses?
Security Requirements for Faculty and Staff
1. The operating system (OS) must be patched and up-to-date.
2. You must run an anti-virus product and make sure that you update the signature file on a daily basis.
3. You must regularly run an anti-spyware products such as Malwarebytes or Spybot.
4. Your workstation must be password protected. All default or blank password entries must be removed.
5. Your Kent State workstation must be physically secure.
6. Use a firewall on your workstation or laptop.
7. You must use a locking screensaver that requires a password to be entered after a period of inactivity.
8. Be aware of the data that is on your workstation and what you need to do to properly protect it.
9. If you have protected or sensitive data on your laptop, delete it or keep it encrypted.
10. When connecting from remote locations, always use a secure connection such as a VPN or secure wireless channel.