Quick reference guides to get you started when emergency conditions cause the cancellation of face-to-face classes.
Get Started using Blackboard Learn
- To access Blackboard Learn, go to learn.kent.edu
- Blackboard Learn works best with Google Chrome (recommended), Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari browsers.
- Blackboard Learn's scheduled maintenance windows are on Sunday's from 5am - 7am. During this time, Blackboard Learn may be down for regular maintenance so please plan your course activities accordingly.
- Check the status of Blackboard Services current service status any time.
- The Department Scheduler creates your course shell and enables the course in Banner for Blackboard Learn. If your course is not showing up in your Blackboard Learn course list, please contact your Department Scheduler ASAP.
- Use the Sync Tool when you are not able to view your course(s) in Blackboard Learn, use SYNC in your FlashLine account to resolve the issue.
- Verify your Student Roster by going into your course, going to Control Panel, clicking on Users and Groups then clicking on Users. If this list does not match your official FlashLine student roster, please submit a Help Desk ticket.
- Combine Multiple Course Sections by submitting a Course Combine Request Form and allowing a couple of business days for processing.
- Use the Copy Course Content guide to learn how to copy content from a previous course into a current course.
- Add Users to your Course Please follow these instructions to add other users (GA/TA/Colleagues) to your course with their valid KSU FlashLine user ID. NOTE: For security purposes, please do not share your FlashLine password with your GA/TA or colleagues.
- How to Manage your Course List You can choose to show/hide courses in your course list to make it more manageable by following these instructions.